Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Coach Eddie Scott, Pawhuska Huskies 2009 Version Football


Photograph of Eddy Scott by Stephen Payne

Ray Stice asked me about Coach Scott and I was not able to find the information I sought so, I just asked Coach Scott.  He graciously sent me a note offering information about himself.  First, he said he was flattered that alumni were asking.  Coach Scott said "It is a great time to be a Huskie and I am proud to be a part of Huskie Football.  I am a 1992 graduate of Pawnee High School where I played football, wrestled, and played baseball.  I played defensive end for the Ranger football program at Northwestern Oklahoma State University (http://www.nwosu.edu/football) from 1993 until 1997.  I then coached the offensive line at Northwestern for a year before taking my first coaching job at Ponca City (Wildcats).  I then went to Texas for two years to coach football and power lifting in Marble Falls.  A fellow NWOSU graduate asked me to return to Oklahoma, giving me the opportunity to coach in Guthrie where we won the 2002 5A state football championship.  In 2004, I took my first head coaching position in Hulbert, Oklahoma, and then moved to Pawhuska in 2006."

"I married my high school sweetheart, Tracey, in 1994 and we have three children:  Tyler, age 11, Payton, age 8, and Trenton, age 4.  Tracey teaches English and Leadership at Pawhuska High School; she is the Student Council Advisor."

 "We have an incredible group of young men and I am grateful for the opportunity to be their coach.  This team is what some might call an "old school" team as they work hard, hit hard, and they let their play on the field do the talking for them.  They are respectful, respond to coaching and I truly enjoy being around them."

Coach Eddie Scott via e-mail, December 1, 2009.

The photograph was taken just after the football game on Saturday, December 5, 2009 at my first chance to meet with Coach Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment